DEPARTMENT: Human Resource Department
JOB GRADE: KYEB 6
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive Officer
TERMS OF SERVICE: Permanent and Pensionable
JOB ROLE: Development, review and implementation of Human resources and administration policies, strategies, programmes and procedures to support KYEB’s Strategic goals and objectives and to enhance individual and Board’s performance.
- Review and recommend human resource policy initiatives
- Preparation and implementation of the Human Resource work plan and performance contracting targets
- Facilitating performance target setting in line with strategic and annual work plans of the Board.
- Managing employee resourcing
- Coordinate the processing of terminal dues and staff clearance procedures during staff separation.
- Coordinating staff welfare issues; administering employee medical and insurance schemes including workers compensation through the appropriate benefit schemes such as NHIF, NSSF, and other employee welfare programmes
- Overseeing the provision of office space, equipment, furniture and employment cards.
- Handling industrial relations disputes and ensuring compliance with labour laws and regulations
- Preparing budgets for the Human Resource and Administration unit and overseeing implementation and control
- Manage sustainable organization succession plan
- Updating job descriptions and periodically carrying out job profiling;
- Assist in processing appointments and promotions;
- Assist in assessing and determining training needs;
- Provide leadership in building an effective organizational culture for sustainable results;
Minimum academic qualifications:
A Bachelors degree in Social Sciences or humanities or an equivalent degree from a recognized University
Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management and membership to a professional body of Human Resource practitioners
Relevant work experience:
Seven (7) years experience in Human resource practice in a well established Organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Counseling skills
- Result oriented
- High Integrity
- Proficiency in Proficiency in MS Office and knowledge of Human resource information systems
- A team player.
- Independence of mind
- Knowledge of Kenya Labour Laws.
How to apply
If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the job reference on both the cover letter and the envelope accompanied by up to date curriculum vitae, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your email and telephone contacts
Applicants should attach the following documents with their applications: valid Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board clearance certificate, Credit Reference Bureau Report, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission submission form, and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department.
The applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to the Boards offices to be received on or before 9th December 2016
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board
NHIF Building 4th Floor
P.O Box 34035 00100
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Boards offices so as to reach the above before the close of Business on or before 9th December 2016
“Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disability, Youth, people from minority and marginalized groups and communities who meet the requirements of the advertised jobs are encouraged to apply.”