DEPARTMENT: Finance and Administration
JOB GRADE: KYEB 11
REPORTING TO: Administrative Assistant
TERMS OF SERVICE: Permanent and Pensionable
JOB ROLE: To provide driving and messenger related services to the Board.
- In charge of driving the Boards vehicles;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure, among others;
- Ensuring the vehicle is maintained to the highest standard as per the vehicles maintenance schedule;
- Maintaining a valid work ticket for vehicles assigned.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
- Ensuring security and safety of vehicle on and off the road
Minimum academic qualifications:
O level certificate or Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) with a Minimum of C- (Minus)
- A valid driver’s licence BCE classes and a current Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Defensive Driving Skills.
- First Aid Skills.
Relevant work experience:
3 years continuous accident-free driving
- Ability to prioritise and organise tasks
- Team player, positive attitude and self driven
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Listening skills, ability to follow instructions
How to apply
If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the job reference on both the cover letter and the envelope accompanied by up to date curriculum vitae, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your email and telephone contacts
Applicants should attach the following documents with their applications: valid Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board clearance certificate, Credit Reference Bureau Report, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission submission form, and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department.
The applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to the Boards offices to be received on or before 9th December 2016
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board
NHIF Building 4th Floor
P.O Box 34035 00100
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Boards offices so as to reach the above before the close of Business on or before 9th December 2016
“Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disability, Youth, people from minority and marginalized groups and communities who meet the requirements of the advertised jobs are encouraged to apply.”