DEPARTMENT: Finance and Administration
JOB GRADE: KYEB 10
REPORTING TO: Personal Secretary to the CEO
TERMS OF SERVICES: Permanent and Pensionable
JOB ROLE: To provide driving services to the Board.
- In charge of providing driving services to the CEO’s office;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure, among others;
- Ensuring the vehicle is maintained to the highest standard as per the vehicles maintenance schedule;
- Maintaining a valid work ticket for vehicles assigned.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
- Ensuring security and safety of vehicle on and off the road.
Minimum academic qualifications:
O level certificate or Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) with a minimum of C Plain or its equivalent
- A valid driver’s licence BCE classes;
- Passed occupational Test 1 for drivers
- Attended a first Aid Certificate Course at St John’s Ambulance of Kenya or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIBHT) or any other recognised Institution
- Attended a refresher course for drivers within (3)Three years at KIHBT or any other recognised institution
Relevant work experience:
At least 5 (Five) years driving experience in a busy organisation and passed suitability test for Drivers Grade III.
- Ability to prioritise and organise tasks
- Team player, positive attitude and self driven
- Good verbal and written communication
- Listening skills, ability to follow instructions
How to apply
If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the job reference on both the cover letter and the envelope accompanied by up to date curriculum vitae, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your email and telephone contacts
Applicants should attach the following documents with their applications: valid Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board clearance certificate, Credit Reference Bureau Report, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission submission form, and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department.
The applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to the Boards offices to be received on or before 9th December 2016
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board
NHIF Building 4th Floor
P.O Box 34035 00100
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Boards offices so as to reach the above before the close of Business on or before 9th December 2016
“Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disability, Youth, people from minority and marginalized groups and communities who meet the requirements of the advertised jobs are encouraged to apply.”